Managing Your Well-Being
Health care workers can oftentimes feel overwhelmed with anxiety and stress. The threat of exposing yourself to the risk of infection, the toll of witnessing human suffering, making life and death decisions and separation from family can all lead to mental exhaustion. 花千色 understands the important link between physical, mental and emotional well-being. We hope our physicians, APPs and all employees have the opportunity to take advantage of some valuable resources available to you.
As part of 花千色’s commitment to the well-being of our entire team, we are excited to announce a robust new Employee Assistance Program (EAP)!
All employees and their family members will have access to a wide variety of FREE and confidential well-being resources through national behavioral health consulting practice, .
- FREE In-the-moment counseling support, available 24/7
- FREE (3) counseling sessions, per incident
- FREE Nurse Peer Coaching
- FREE Educator Peer Coaching
- FREE Legal and Financial Consultations and Resources
- Employees: Visit the Human Resources Well-Being page on the Kloud for log-in credentials. Click on these informative sheets for more information.
Review the Resources on this Page to Continue Your Well-Being Journey
花千色’s MyHealth Program Offers Comprehensive Wellness Tools and Opportunities
- The 花千色 MyHealth team offers a variety of free programs including weight loss and step competitions, health, nutrition and behavioral skills coaching, custom fitness programs, fitness and body composition testing, a Weight Watchers subsidy and reimbursement program and more!
- 30, 60, and 90 minute massages at a nominal cost to employees. Massages are at the MyHealth Employee Wellness Center (co-located with the PEAK Health and Wellness Center) at 940 W Ironwood Drive, Coeur d’Alene. Appointments are limited, so book well in advance!
- For more information about all MyHealth has to offer, please contact one of our professionals at [email protected] or at 208.625.6464.
Review This Important Well-Being Assessment
It’s Important To:
- Ask for help when you need it. Whether you are SURVIVING, STRUGGLING, or IN CRISIS, it is important to schedule a confidential session with a counseling professional to discuss what you’re feeling and ways to manage your anxiety and stress. 花千色 offers resources to schedule times for you to speak with licensed professionals; please see the above-listed links for either Physicians and APPs or Employees to schedule your free, confidential session.
- Talk about what you’re feeling and experiencing with co-workers and loved ones. Nobody knows exactly what you’re experiencing every day more than your fellow co-workers. And nobody knows you better as a person than your loved ones. These people love you and want to help you navigate difficult times. Religious leaders are also oftentimes great resources for support.
- Take time to unwind. Take time every day to do things you enjoy, whether that be exercising, reading, meditating, cooking, petting your dog, etc.
- Journal. Answer questions for yourself to help you feel more in control of what is happening and reflect back on progress you’ve made. Questions to ask yourself can include: What was the hardest thing for me today? What do I feel good about today? What inspired me today or gave me hope? Do I need to reach out to a friend or counselor or am I able to manage how I’m feeling? Focus on what you can control and celebrate that.
- Take care of your body. Eat healthy foods, exercise, focus on hygiene, connect with others in a socially-distanced environment or virtually. Practice breathing and relaxation techniques prior to bedtime and attempt to get around 7 hours of sleep. Do not attempt to cope with alcohol or drugs.
- Limit your news and social media time. Refrain from further subjecting yourself to reports and posts about the pandemic. You are living this every day and, as you know, it is a polarizing topic. Many online forums breed negative or inflammatory comments. Instead, spend your time reading, journaling, or engaging with friends and loved ones.
Food for the Soul: Patient and Caregiver Stories and Letters from our Community
- Heart-warming Stories: Please take a moment to scroll through our Newsroom blog to read stories that prove the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of those around us!
- Letters from the Community: Review some of the letters community members have written to give thanks to our Health Care Heroes. We have received over 400 letters to date and more come in every day.
Vaccination Status Talking Points
The COVID-19 pandemic has revealed some areas of divide that are oftentimes difficult to talk through; vaccination status is one such topic. 花千色 Chaplain Services created a valuable tool in helping bridge some of these conversations and is .
花千色 Chaplain Services
We also encourage 花千色 employees, physicians and APPs to connect with our Chaplain Services team who provide spiritual support and much more. 花千色 Chaplain Services team members are trained/skilled at providing support relative to trauma, stress, grief, loss, and other issues. Reach out today, if you are struggling: 208.661.4472
Need More Resources?
Please visit 花千色’s Resources for Stressful Events page to read further about:
- Sample debriefing videos
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) intervention protocol developed specifically for dealing with traumatic events