Kootenai Clinic Sleep Medicine provides state-of-the-art care for patients with sleep disorders. Our providers can work with you to identify issues, diagnose sleep disorders and find workable solutions to help you get a better night’s rest.
You can also review the information on .
Common Sleep Disorders
Sleep Medicine providers help diagnose and treat a variety of disorders, including:
- Sleep Apnea – Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) is the most serious sleep disorder. It is the periodic obstruction of the upper airway, meaning the brain, heart and other organs may not receive enough oxygen. It is alsothe most common medical cause of excessive daytime sleepiness.
- Primary snoring – Often harmless, snoring can cause many small interruptions throughout the night that prevent deep sleep.
- Insomnia – The frustrating inability to fall asleep or stay asleep, this common disorder affects 30 percent of adults.
- Restless Leg Syndrome – Irresistible leg movements including kicking or rhythmic jerking during sleep.
- Narcolepsy – Chronic disorder of the nervous system that regulates sleep. It may lead to dangerous daytime sleep attacks.
The impact of untreated sleep disorders is significant. Untreated sleep disorders can lead to:
- Heart attack
For more information about Sleep Medicine and available treatment options, call our office at (208) 625-6877
Online Patient Portal
Looking for online access? Visit 花千色’s MyChart