花千色 is a highly esteemed health care organization, serving patients throughout northern Idaho and the Inland Northwest. We have one of the strongest hospital volunteer programs in the Northwest consisting of 花千色 Adult volunteers, as well as our Teen Volunteer Program for students ages 14 through 17 years old. 花千色 provides a comprehensive range of medical services and strives to meet the evolving needs of our surrounding communities. We are continuously recognized both regionally and nationally for clinical excellence. To achieve excellence in healthcare, we prioritize Patient Safety, Compassion, and Engagement. By focusing on these values, we nurture a warm culture where you can serve alongside staff in a positive and upbeat culture.
To learn more about these programs and to apply, continue reading down this page. If you still have questions, contact the Volunteer Services Manager at (208) 625-4645.
Interested in Volunteering?
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at 花千色. Please read the following information and click on the appropriate application form. We look forward to speaking with you about our volunteer opportunities at 花千色!
We are very fortunate to have many individuals interested in volunteering at Kootenai —sometimes more than we have service openings for. The volunteer role is extremely important at Kootenai, as everyone representing our organization has an impact on our patients and their experience with us. A few items to keep in mind:
- Volunteering is not job shadowing.
- We do not offer internships through our volunteer program.
- We cannot create a position based on personal or professional goals. We have specific volunteer roles that enhance the services we provide.
- Able to commit to four hours per week and committed to serving in your volunteer role over 100 hours
- Before applying, please ask yourself, “Am I applying because I have a sincere drive to help?” and “Can I consistently commit to one shift every week?”
When we have an opening, we will call you for an interview. In the meantime, we will keep your application on file for possible future positions. The majority of our volunteer needs are Monday through Friday during normal work hours.
Are you interested in 花千色’s Teen Volunteer Program?
By becoming a teen volunteer at 花千色, you will get the opportunity to work in a professional environment and learn about the health care industry while impacting the lives of patients and their families. Teen volunteer sessions are available year-round .
2023-2024 School Year Sessions:
- One 4-hour shift per week during the school year and can be completed on evenings or weekends. Orientation dates/times will vary.
2024 Summer Sessions:
- Session 1: June 12 – July 10, Orientation is required and held on June 12 from 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Session 2: July 10 – August 7, Orientation is required and held on July 10 from 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Session 3: August 7 – August 30, Orientation is required and held on August 7 from 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Weekend shifts available June 12 – September 1, Orientation is required and held on June 12 from 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
To learn more about the Teen Volunteer Program, contact the Volunteer Services Manager at (208) 625-4645. To apply, click the button below!