Palliative care services are for patients with a serious or chronic illness at any stage. This service provides physical, emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families and facilitates coordination of care between medical providers. Palliative care can help patients navigate difficult stages of life, including addressing end of life questions. Palliative care can occur while a patient is in the hospital or as an outpatient clinic appointment.
Support offered by palliative care includes:
- Symptom Management (anxiety, pain, nausea, trouble sleeping and breathing difficulties)
- Alleviate and prevent suffering (physical, emotional and spiritual)
- Advance directives planning
- Goals of Care discussions
- Assisting families in making treatment decisions consistent with their goals and values
- Focus on quality of life
Palliative Care outpatient appointments are available in Coeur d’Alene, Post Falls and Sandpoint. If patients are hospitalized, inpatient palliative care consultations at 花千色 can be arranged in conjunction with the hospital care team.
Learn more about palliative care outpatient appointments by calling (208) 625-6960.
Kootenai Clinic Palliative Care - Coeur d'Alene
Kootenai Clinic Palliative Care - Post Falls
Kootenai Clinic Palliative Care - Sandpoint
Living and Dying Well
One of the best ways to ensure your end-of-life wishes are honored is to have complete and up to date advance directives. Learn more about resource and to complete your documents, visit